Move Over Law Protects the Safety of Utility Employees. Slow Down when you see stopped electric utility vehicles – It’s the Law!
For all emergencies, please call 911 or (704) 282-4600.
Since January of 1900, The City of Monroe Energy Services Department has provided residents in and around the City with electric services, from small residential lighting loads to industrial loads of 20,000 kilowatts or larger.
In January 2006 we added our 10,000th customer. We continue to provide electric services to customers in and around Monroe through the operation and maintenance of 7 distribution substations and 290 miles of line operating at 2400/4160 volts, 7620/13200 volts, and 19920/34500 volts, with peak loads of 114 Megawatts generally occurring in summer months.
We are a Member of NCMPA#1, a power generation and transmission agency which co- owns the Catawba Nuclear power plant on behalf of 19 Piedmont cities and towns.
The Electric Division of Monroe Energy Services has 17 employees dedicated to providing reliable, responsive, quality services to the Community at the lowest reasonable cost. Our employees provide courteous, personal service to meet our customers’ unique needs, making Monroe a better place to work and live.
The City of Monroe’s electrical department has achieved the American Public Power Association’s (APPA) designation as an RP3 city. RP3stands for Reliable Public Power Provider.Monroe is one of only 64 cities in the country to achieve this designationand one of only 2 cities in North Carolina.
- Single Phase
- 13.2 KV-300 KVA or Less Transformer Pad Detail
- 13.2 KV-500 KVA to 1000 KVA Transformer Pad Detail
- 13.2 KV-1500 KVA to 2000 KVA Transformer Pad Detail
- 13.2 KV-2500 KVA with Secondary Enclosure Transformer Pad Detail (will be used for 8 or more conductors)
- 34.5 KV-300 KVA or Less Transformer Pad Detail
- 34.5 KV-500 KVA to 2000 KVA Transformer Pad Detail
- 34.5 KV-2500 KVA with Secondary Enclosure Transformer Pad Detail (will be used for 8 or more conductors)
- Current Transformer Cabinet Detail